Boooored, so huzzah! I... am really debating trying a whack at that 30 Songs meme again since I never got to finish it. |D Hm-hm-hmm~
Pick a character I've RPed at any time, and I'll answer these questions for that character.
1. What would your character kill for? What would they die for?
2. What would they refuse to do under any circumstances? Why?
3. What do they dream about?
4. What's their biggest fear?
5. What single object would they be most hard pressed to part with? Why?
6. What is their fondest memory?
7. What is their worst memory?
8. What or who was were their most significant influence?
9. What do they believe makes a successful life?
10. What makes them laugh?
11. What are their religious views?
12. What is their greatest strength?
13. Do they have a fatal flaw? If so, what is it?
14. Who is the most important person in their life?
15. If they died, who would miss them most? How would they die
top ten songs of the moment
1. My Chemical Romance - Sing
2. Enter Shikari - Common Dreads + Solidarity
3. KOKIA - Watashi no Taiyou
4. My Chemical Romance - Save Yourself I'll Hold Them Back
5. Marina Fujiwara - Daydream Syndrome
6. RADWIMPS - Futarigoto
7. Clazziquai Project - Prayers
8. RADWIMPS - Tayuta
9. Chevelle - The Red
10. Christina Perri - Jar of Hearts
Otherwise, I read all of Olimpos this morning from, like, 6-8AM... and totally had not meant to at all. But it was just... really damn good. I dunno, maybe it was just me being sleepy-as-FUCK, but I LOVED it. A whole shit ton. It didn't help that Hades (who I'm FCing for Stigma, who I was playing all night) was fucking amusing/awesome as hell. ...Lol, pun not intended. But yeah, really good, only 11 chapters, so I'd recommend it if you're up for a quick manga on the fly
with a shit ton of pretty boys to boot.
Sis is taking me and mom out to eat for her birthday [which was actually the other day]. :3 Dominick is staying and watching the kids, so it'll be a nice quiet dinner~<3 I'm so hungry, I can't wait. |D
Rawr. I live. Be amazed~! I really don't have a whole lot to say... I mean... I could say quite a bit. A lot of shits happened. A lot. My life will never be the same, to be honest. My dad passed away at the end of November, after a nearly ten year battle with leukemia, and my family and I have just been... kept on keeping on.
I miss him, like crazy. We were very close, and damn if there isn't a day I don't think "I miss my dad" half a million times - don't think of all the things we did together. Camping, snowmobiling, car rides, just the little things, like when he'd buy me food or make me something.
But I... don't want my first journal entry back to be all about the sad things. With so many other things, I've just learned to be a lot stronger. I've had a lot of support from friends and family, and so many good laughs since then. I know this hole in my heart will never go away, but... well, moping around and whining about it... that's not really how my dad raised me to be. ^^
So, as for everything else (which is more or less a summary of obsessions I've dwindled my time and the sleepless hours away with)... I've been reading again, thank the stars. The Green Rider books by Kristen Britain, and The Black Jewels Trilogy by Anne Bishop are fersrs my favorite things ever. I've eaten these books up like delicious morsels, and will ~highly~ recommend them - Green Rider needs a lot more attention!
I also got sucked into the black vortex that is Starry Sky. Actually, my ~in Autumn~ anthology just came today! along with the Starry Sky Sound Track~<3<3<3 *listening to right now* |3
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood~ Darker Than Black... man, listing everything off would be a pain. Right now I'm on the edge of my seat for Deus Ex: Human Revolution and... CRAP WHAT ELSE? GAIZ, WHAT ELSE AM I WAITING FOR? Pokemon sure, but not with bated breath. :/ Hrm. Dragon Age II, DERP. Deus Ex definitely takes precedence over all else though. >3c Man is Adam hot.
Otherwise, my life is one big pile of babysitting and errand-running. ^^; And reading the fuck out of BlackVeil, the latest Green Rider book. * w * ::readreadread:: In fact, gonna go do that now. Hopefully I'll get back on track with updating this regularly-ish. I might start trying to use it as a... sort of therapeutic tool or something. |D;;
OH YEAH. AND I GOT A LAPTOP. FUCKING WHOO BABY. FUCKING WHOO. *comfy cozy in bed* |D
- Tags:!assassins creed, !darker than black, !deus ex, !dragon age, !green rider, !the black ring trilogy, books, dad, death, family, friends, games, laptop, life, ost, pokemon, reading, sad
- Music:Starry Sky - A sound of the Moon
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CRUEL_FORTUNA~<3<3<3<3<3 *offers birthday cupcake* :3 Hope you have a great day~<3
Now I'm all caught up to fall behind again. :'DDay 07: A song that reminds you of a certain event
Oh god, I mean, this was anyones summer theme a couple back, right? I just remember it being a particularly amazing
summer. The particular event I'm kind of matching this up with though was going up to Frankfort, drinking a fifth every night, renting mo-peds, eating at restaurants every morning and evening, swimming in Lake Michigan nearly every day - it was just a spectacular week-long trip. This song always reminds me of that time. Day 08: A song that you know all the words to
That just felt like a particularly stupid one to me, since I mean... there are SO MANY songs I know the words too. SO, I decided to go with one that I struggled
to get to know all the words to. This is just an amazing song, beautiful, fast, and to me, powerful. Plus I personally loved
Rahxephon. <3<3<3Day 09: A song that you can dance to
Guh. Me? Dance? Lol. Just lol. I mean, I'll dance, but it'll just be goofy-ha-ha-funny-funny-dancing. No, sometimes I do feel more compelled to dance, but... well... as you can see, I'm much more inclined to DDR when it comes to dancing. (Though I've always thought pretty, tribal-sorta-dancing looked fun/interesting too.) But no, this song... if I ever hear it, I have
to go dance to it. I mean, not like its a song you would hear often
or anything, but I just always loved it. Bunches.( Lyric TranslationsCollapse )
- With the ones added from the previous post because for some reason, it wouldn't let me edit them in. >/
- Music:RevenG - Sakura
So, its quite difficult for me to be online at the moment. As it keeps just, not... working, at all. Like, on and off, on and off, and its really QUITE aggravating. - _ - So until we figure out what the hell is wrong with it, I am sorry to say I won't be around too much. ; ^ ;
But, I can at least update the song thing. Since I'm so damn behind I'll pop it all up under a cut. I don't really need constant internet to find songs on my 'puter and type up the reasons behind them... the youtubing part will just be the tricky part. >/ And to those who were involved, I'd really like to work on Eden Dust, despite my not-proper-internet-havings. v.v; I'll check in and be trying to work in the plotting section though when I'm at Kristi's, but I've suddenly found myself quite eager to get that all pieced together and completed. So no, I haven't forgotten about it. xD( Song Catch-upCollapse )
And I'm supposed to do day 7 today, but at this rate if I can even get this posted it would be a miracle and a half. *glowers at internet box*
1. Watched Avatar; fucking loved it. I'm an Ava-tard now. I'm sorry. I want a Na'vi, I want to go to Pandora, I want to roleplay the shit... GUH. @ A @
2. Playing Splinter Cell: Conviction, mostly co-op with Kristi. This is the most fun I've had... omg, in a game, in so long. And I mean, I love FFXIII and Resonance of Fate, but this shit is just wonderful. And I don't usually play these kinds of games. But my god, I need a 360 now. I need this game. I play religiously as Kestrel, btw, for anyone else who plays. GUH. I'm going through withdrawals. We played the same fucking part over and over because we couldn't get detected and couldn't kill anyone and while poor Kristi was getting aggravated I was 110% ready and raring to go. Lemme attem! I almost took that whole part down by myself but the fucking LAST DUDE got me. *was so upset* I could seriously make a whole entry about this game and how much fun I'm having with it. I close my eyes and see it. I dream about it. I miss it. And I'mma'bout to miss it a whole lot more, why? because...
3. I'm going up north. Thought I'd actually be up there by now. But clearly, am not. Just a me and dad thing, hauling the trailer up to my uncles property before the big Memorial Day weekend rush. Seeing how well the truck handles it. It can pull the trailer fine, its just... an old truck, so we'll see. Shouldn't be any problems, but fingers still crossed we don't come across any hitches.
4. Uhh, I'm sure I had one.
5. <3<3<3<3Kestrel<3<3<3<3 (thats right, I can fangirl even over Splinter Cell. Thats how powerful my powers of fangirling are. It seems like no one else is doing it, so me and Kristi are making up for the severe lacking.)
6. All my brain can register is Splinter Cell: Conviction so I might as well give up trying to recall anything else. I wanna make SC:C icons... @ . @ And I haven't even played the main story yet. *wants360baaadnow*
7. I love you all~<3<3<3
- Music:Breaking Benjamin - I Will Not Bow
Day 02: Your least favorite song
I can't even say how brain-numbing this song is to me. It was a hard choice along with Kelis' 'Milkshake', and so many other songs that abuse that "broken-record, repetition" and "spelling" bull I just... get... so... tired of. JFkdsajfad <~ This is me listening to this song. It hurts me.
And because I won't be here tomorrow, Day 03 as well~!
Day 03: A song that makes you happy
(sorely needed after that last one)
My dear god, I've fallen in utter love with Supercell feat. Nagi. This song was just... fantastic
, and whenever I hear it I can't help but sing along, tap my foot,dance around. It just fills me up with this extraordinarily... windswept sort of feeling. For me, it's the kind of song that just melts away everything else to the point where it's almost like this gravity-defying feeling. The lyrics, her voice, the music, it adds to the 'falling hopelessly in love, in the pit of your stomach' sort of sensation thats just deliciously irresistible. ( Lyric Translation for Kimi no Shiranai MonogatariCollapse )
- Music:Supercell - Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari
( The Thirty QuestionsCollapse )
Day 01: Your favorite song
(oh dear god this is hard)
So I ended up picking VGM. But considering VGM and BGM in general is what I usually listen to, I guess thats to be expected. I have tons of favorite "songs of the moment", but this is just such a beautiful, emotional, and inspiring piece of music, from an absolutely enthralling and magical game. To give too many words would cheapen it. And while I think having some understanding of the game helps it in a lot of ways, even before I played Shadow of the Colossus I was spellbound by this song.
Despite the fact it feels like fall going on winter. Despite the fact its raining and cold and, no I don't have a problem with that but I wouldn't mind a nice warm spring day, either... My allergies have decided to act up and make me miserable again. And miserable I am. I had a killer headache all day [in which I was sleeping] or.... rather... [i]trying[/i] to sleep because small children were screaming all the live long day, and my cat who sleeps in my room because those kids would otherwise pester the poor thing all day decided to scritch scratch and further keep my miserable ass awake and...
Ugh. Not pleasant. At all. Or restful. And I'd been, oddly, tired since like, 3 AM (considering I've, of late, been going to bed between 6-8)... though I suppose that was because of the onset of allergy symptoms. - ~ -
I just wanna curl up and go back to sleep~~
- Music:Vienna Teng - I Don't Feel So Well